EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is a treatment approach that has been proven to be effective in working with a wide variety of clinical issues.
Some of the applications include:
- Addressing the impact of traumatic events and related symptoms of PTSD
- Reducing depression and various forms of anxiety
- Resolving feelings of grief and loss
- Discovering and strengthening inner resources
- Improving self worth and positive outlook
- Managing compulsive behaviours
- Dealing with current events that are distressing
EMDR sessions use a structured protocol that involves identifying negative thinking patterns, emotions and body reactions related to the problematic issue. The technique then involves applying bi-literal stimulation (eye movements, auditory or tactile) which enhances the rapid processing of emotional material.
For more information go to: